[Grok-dev] Re: shortcut to methods

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Mar 19 15:00:29 EDT 2007

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> On 19 Mar 2007, at 12:21 , Martijn Faassen wrote:
[snip]
>> I realize that KSS offers a lot more, but I don't know much about it
>> and we want to enable people who already know how to do ajaxy stuff to
>> have an easy time with Grok.
>
> Both of those aren't good arguments against KSS, you know :). I do have
> something for KSS in the works, perhaps I get around publishing it some
> time this week.

I'm not arguing against KSS.

I'm just saying that besides KSS (which should be in a grok extension, I
think :), we should offer a way to do simple JSON in the core, because
KSS does require a buy-in from people that plain AJAX doesn't require.
No matter how great or easy KSS really is.

If I come to Grok from, say, TurboGears, I can use the JSON stuff right
away (possibly even with ToscaWidgets once we make those work in
Zope..), but would have to think a bit more before I can start using KSS.