[Grok-dev] Re: a nice grok todo item for a beginner

Darryl Cousins darryl at darrylcousins.net.nz
Tue Mar 20 00:32:26 EDT 2007

Hi Philipp,

On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 18:48 -0600, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Darryl Cousins wrote:
> > On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 23:17 +0100, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> There's an open todo item that would be nice for a beginner to do:
> >> change the admin page of grok to allow users to delete/uninstall grok
> >> applications.
> >
> > Checkboxes and delete form added. Simple Delete view deletes the
> > selected items.
>
> Thank you for this! I have a few comments, though:
>
> * Please make sure your checkins appear on the checkins at zope.org list.
> It's incomprehensible for the rest of us to follow your patches
> otherwise. Bug Jim Fulton about this, it's not an automatic process
> unfortunately.
>
> * In the Delete.render() method you write::
>
>          if not type(items) == type([]):
>
>    The preferred spelling would be::
>
>          if not isinstance(items, list)
>
> * You left a 'print' statement in the code. I think that needs to go.

Thanks for the comments. I've actioned and committed the above.

With the checkins list. I got a mail from checkins-bounces because I
wasn't subscribed to the list. I subscribed immediately after the first
commit, so it should be ok now. If not, let me know and I'll see what I
need to do (ask Jim probably).

Regards,
Darryl