[Grok-dev] bad layout of code samples on grok.zope.org

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Mar 22 12:52:04 EDT 2007

Hi there,

I just noticed something peculiar about the layout of the tutorial code
samples on grok.zope.org: they appear centered.

I think they are more easy to follow left-aligned, as what I get when I
run rst2html myself with the default stylesheet.

It's a bit surprising though as they also look like they have extra
spaces in the HTML source on grok.zope.org:

<pre class="literal-block">			&lt;html&gt;
			&lt;body&gt;
			&lt;p tal:content="python:view.alpha"&gt;result&lt;/p&gt;
			&lt;/body&gt;
			&lt;/html&gt;

			</pre>

whereas when I generate them manually, I get this:

<pre class="literal-block">&lt;html&gt;
&lt;body&gt;
&lt;p tal:content="python:view.alpha"&gt;result&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;/body&gt;
&lt;/html&gt;
</pre>

What's going on here? Different versions of rst2html? Different settings
for rst2html? I really think they should be left-aligned. This breaks
the flow and breaks copy & pasting them to boot.