[Grok-dev] Re: an 'about grok' document

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Mar 23 17:22:55 EDT 2007

Kevin Teague wrote:
> The About section has been added to the site from the current SVN doc.

Thanks! I would still suggest we take the first section of about_grok
and replicate it on the home page. I believe this is a better
introduction to Grok than what's currently in the first section of the
home page, as it doesn't go into Zope 3 right away (as we took pains to
avoid for the 'about grok' page :).

I think the text on the 'What is grok?' section is still valuable
though. Perhaps we can fold it into the 'Grok from a zope 3 perspective'
section on the about page?

> On an unrelated note, I've been doing some sketches of Grok ... he is
> fun to draw :)
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/kteague/tags/grok/

This is really fun! We should include some of these on our grok.zope.org
pages. So far I've seen three interpretations of the campfire one, by
the way:

* Your own: grok enjoys waking up and starting a fire

* the commenter on flicker saying: Fire, fire!

* today when I showed this to someone, he interpreted it as "It works!"
(the fire, I presume, in some kind of mad scientist scream).

I like how this little image allows three different implementations of
what's up. :)

Talking about images, I'm thinking about a way to illustrate the
tutorial. We would need a bunch of small Grok images in various poses
relevant to the tutorial. What those poses should be I'm still not clear
about. Guess we need to go through the tutorial and look at places where
a little Grok in some pose would make sense. Any ideas?