[Grok-dev] timte-json branch

Tim Terlegård tim at se.linux.org
Sat Mar 24 17:37:28 EDT 2007

On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 11:07:55PM +0100, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Hey Tim,
>
> I'd like to move the timte-json branch forward so we can merge it. Do I
> understand it correctly that currently you haven't added tests for the
> new functionality on the branch? We require tests (probably functional
> tests in this case) for this to be added to Grok.

Yes you understand perfectly, I haven't added any tests yet. I intend to
write tests though. First time I tried I didn't get any tests running, but
now they are working and here's how I did. Please tell me if there's a
better way.

1) cd /path/to/my/grok/project
2) Edit bin/test and change
  '/home/tim/dev/grok/fortesting/parts/zope3/src' to
  '/home/tim/dev/grok/fortesting/parts/zope3/lib/python'
3) rm eggs/grok-0.9dev_r73254-py2.4.egg
4) ln -s /path/to/groktrunk/src/grok src/grok

Now grok is using trunk instead of the shipped egg.

5) ./bin/test -m grok

I had to make the change in 2) otherwise the zope libraries were not
found. There is no 'src' directory in there. Is this a grokproject bug?

Tim