[Grok-dev] Re: timte-json branch

Tim Terlegård tim at se.linux.org
Sun Mar 25 03:54:28 EDT 2007

On Sun, Mar 25, 2007 at 01:16:52AM +0100, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Tim Terlegård wrote:
>
> >2) Edit bin/test and change
> >  '/home/tim/dev/grok/fortesting/parts/zope3/src' to
> >  '/home/tim/dev/grok/fortesting/parts/zope3/lib/python'
>
> I'm not sure what's up with the testrunner and grokproject - if it ships
> with a bin/test that doesn't work out of the box, we do have a problem
> though, so let us know if that's the case (and add a launchpad issue).

grok trunk uses the zc.repice.zope3checkout recipe to just checkout the
zope3 source to 'src'. grokproject uses the zc.recipe.cmmi recipe to
download a tarball and install that in 'lib/python'.

Is the difference that zc.recipe.cmmi will compile C extensions and be
faster than the pure python code checkout? Or are there other
differences? I guess the buildout in grok trunk is for development and
that speed is no issue, but grokproject is used for serving an
application and would benefit from a little boost?

Tim