[Grok-dev] Re: GrokPaste: a grok pastebin app

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Mon Mar 26 02:41:18 EDT 2007

Am Samstag, den 24.03.2007, 03:15 -0600 schrieb Philipp von
Weitershausen:
> > Human Readable Time Deltas
> >
> > I really like web sites with "posted 4 hours ago". To that end I made a
> > TimeReadable Global Utility. Right now this includes about 50 lines of
> > code that I grabbed from django.utils.timesince.py.
> >
> > It would be nice to eventually have this functionaly in a megrok
> > package, or Grok core.
>
> Sounds sensible. It would be even nicer if we didn't have to maintain
> this sort of stuff. Perhaps people who want this should simply install
> the django egg or we should depend on it for this kind of stuff?

This is so generic. That should be a generic python package that you can
pass two datetime instances and it gives you a structure of amounts and
units, so you can still translate it.

This should be a very small egg with no dependency to anything but the
python standard library.

Christian