[Grok-dev] Re: coordinating EuroPython Grok talks

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Mon Mar 26 04:20:35 EDT 2007

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> I intend to submit a talk on Grok. I also hope someone else (Philipp?
> Theuni?) will submit a talk on Grok as well. We therefore need to figure
> out who is going to cover what so we don't repeat ourselves too much.
> Possible topics:
>
> * Technical introduction to Grok
>
> * Grok from a a community perspective: Grok's background, history,
> goals, evolution
>
> * participation in some general talk about Zope
>
> * participation on some to be organized 'web frameworks panel' or whatnot.
>
> I'd be happy to do any of these, but also happy if others did them. I'm
> probably best suited to the 'community perspective' one. This can serve
> as a general non-technical introduction to Grok and followed up by a
> technical intro.

Thinking strategically, I would be positively surprised if we'd get more
than one Grok talk accepted. We could try, of course, but I personally
would bet on only one horse. In fact, I think it would be nice if the 4
founding fathers of Grok would reunite for a talk and each cover
different topics (movitation, community, history, technical stuff). I
think that would give people a nice impression of Grok, the humor behind
it, the history and the code itself. I think this could be fun and
refreshingly different from other talks.

Either way, I'll be happy to participate in any kind of panel, shootout,
etc. if nobody else wants to.