[Grok-dev] Re: coordinating EuroPython Grok talks

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Mar 26 20:49:17 EDT 2007

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
[snip]
> Thinking strategically, I would be positively surprised if we'd get more
> than one Grok talk accepted. We could try, of course, but I personally
> would bet on only one horse.

I think we actually stand a good chance in getting two accepted,
especially if we cross one of them over into Zope 3. It's a hunch only,
based on previous experiences track chairing EuroPython.

> In fact, I think it would be nice if the 4
> founding fathers of Grok would reunite for a talk and each cover
> different topics (movitation, community, history, technical stuff).

Very little room to do this adequately in half an hour. That's why I
proposed the intro / technical intro split. We could always fall back on
a single talk if only one of the two gets accepted, so we don't have
that much to lose in proposing two.

regards,