[Grok-dev] Re: coordinating EuroPython Grok talks

oubiwann duncan.mcgreggor at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 20:34:03 EDT 2007

On Mar 26, 6:49 pm, Martijn Faassen <faas... at startifact.com> wrote:
> Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > Thinking strategically, I would be positively surprised if we'd get more
> > than one Grok talk accepted. We could try, of course, but I personally
> > would bet on only one horse.
>
> I think we actually stand a good chance in getting two accepted,
> especially if we cross one of them over into Zope 3. It's a hunch only,
> based on previous experiences track chairing EuroPython.

I'm actually working with Michael Husdon and others to solicit talks.
Particularly, I'm contacting web framework folks in the Zope 3/Grok/
Twisted+Nevow communities. I believe someone else is helping Michael
with other frameworks.

Also, I will be assisting with the proposal review process and will
advocate/champion all good Grok submissions. I believe there is room
for two Grok talks in addition to other Zope 3 talks :-)