[Grok-dev] martians or grokkers?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri May 4 16:49:27 EDT 2007

Hi there,

As some as you might've seen in the checkin comments, I've been doing
some work to develop Martian, which abstracts away the grokking logic
into a generic Python library. Martian isn't done yet.

I've been calling the things that grok 'martians' instead of 'grokkers'
as they are called now. This because martians are the beings that
introduce the concept of "grok" in the novel (Stranger in a Strange
Land) that we got the word from. Martians grok, so grokkers are Martians. :)

I'm wondering though whether I should do this. I myself keep thinking
"grokker" instead of "martian", so I am thinking perhaps I should change
the word back to martian. The library's name will remain martian, just
the things in there will be called "grokkers".

What do people think? grokkers or martians?