[Grok-dev] What is Grok anyways... time for a name change? :)

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Wed May 9 07:30:56 EDT 2007

Thank's for your quick reply.

I just want to recall the saying "it's all in the name".

I think 99% of all the developer that will encounter Grok will do so
first by the name. Only a small fraction of them will visit the
website and whatever riches that might be found there.

Thus, I think it is paramount to have the relationship to Zope 3
stated right there in the name. Because this is what really sets Grok
apart from other python frameworks.

If Mochikit makes Javascript suck less... then "Grok puts a twist on
Zope 3" and in both cases, the curious will want to know how...

Alternatively, you could use lots of marketing dollars/hours on
trying to educate developers around the world. ;)

Regards Sebastian