[Grok-dev] Skinning/themeing

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Fri May 18 13:36:13 EDT 2007

On May 18, 2007, at 12:11 PM, Lennart Regebro wrote:

> On 5/18/07, Gary Poster <gary at zope.com> wrote:
>> I wonder if figuring out some small IResult pipelining might be an
>
> Could you expand on this a bit?

Discussion begins here:
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2007-April/022220.html

Checkin:
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/checkins/2007-April/008042.html

>> interesting compromise.  Of course, you lose the "mind share" and
>> "existing software" arguments that Martin gave for Deliverance
>
> Then I actually don't see how it is a compromise. :-)

Perhaps not.

Deliverance is a pipeline approach that leverages XSLT, AIUI.  You
could do the same basic thing in Zope with IResult without too much
trouble, with different tradeoffs.

> ing engine stuck inbetween the page rendering and page output,
> somwhere.

???

Gary