[Grok-dev] Re: Skinning/themeing

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Sat May 19 16:58:24 EDT 2007

kevin at mcweekly.com wrote:
[snip]
> Yes, that's what it's for, to relate viewlet name -> viewletmanager name.
> This does bring up a good point, where is the line drawn for
> convention-over-configuration. I think that Martijn and Phillip have
> done a great job of deliberating this and I certainly defer to them in
> these aesthetic matters.

I'm still grasping to find my way around viewlets. I think we need to do
some more thinking before we fold this into the Grok core (which I hope
we can over time). Hopefully we can find out a way to make this less
magic without increasing the verbosity. On my end, this will require
some thought about what viewlets are for. If we could (somehow) get rid
of one of the entities (viewlet reference in view, viewlet manager and
viewlets) that would help. If we can fix the ordering issue by taking
definition order by default that would also help.