[Grok-dev] Re: Skinning/themeing

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Sun May 20 10:10:23 EDT 2007

Martin Aspeli, on 2007-05-20:
> Are you saying that you don't envisage "new" developers picking up Grok
> and using it to build an application from scratch?
>
> This is very different from how I see (and would use) Grok - to me, Grok
> is something I could use to build a standalone web app (i.e. if I'm not
> working on Plone) quickly, using the giant toolbox that Zope 3 provides
> as and when I have a need.

But you are hardly a new developer! :)

But yes, I already used Grok as an easy front end for a chess program
and as a pure Grok to-do list.  I used grokproject to create the
boiler plate.  Basically the only other knowledge I needed was ZPT and
browser views.  That is a pretty low level of entry I would say.

--
Maurits van Rees | http://maurits.vanrees.org/ [NL]
            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/