[Grok-dev] Re: summary templating/skinning discussion

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Tue May 22 10:50:43 EDT 2007

On 5/22/07, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> There are some nice things about the system. It allows any template
> language to plug into an existing framework that uses the system by
> coding to the API and providing an entry point in the setup.py. You
> know, plugin APIs like the component architecture helps us with! :)
>
> So, instead of us hacking separately to support each template language,
> we instead support Buffet (or Smorgasbord) and support all of them. Or
> if the template language doesn't support that yet, we can do work to
> make it support it, and at least have the benefit that we're not the
> only ones interested in maintaining that support code.

OK, the coin dropped now, I think.

For each template language you normally need a template object, and
that object needs to be Grok or at least Zope3-aware. With Smörgåsbord
you instead make the smorgasboard aware, and all smorgasboard
supporting framworks can use it.
Right?

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64