[Grok-dev] Introducing Wandering Books, Kirbi and Luciano

Luciano Ramalho luciano at ramalho.org
Mon May 28 00:55:04 EDT 2007

Hello,

This is to introduce the Wandering Books GSoC project that is starting
today. Martijn Faassen is the mentor, and I am the student.

Our goal is to implement a full-fledged multi-lingual sample app for
Grok/Zope 3, documenting and extending the framework as needed.

The app to be developed is an engine for http://WanderingBooks.org, a
site designed to make it easy for anyone to turn their personal book
collections into circulating libraries. The engine will e called Kirbi
and will eventually be deployed at WanderingBooks.org (in English) and
Circulante.org (in Portuguese).

WanderingBooks.org currently runs a prototype built with Horde/PHP
which will be replaced by the new Kirbi built with Grok/Zope 3.

Circulante.org will provide the case study for my Library Sciences degree.