[Grok-dev] Re: [off-topic] request to improve zc.relationship docs (was Re: Implementing an N-to-N relationship)

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Mon May 28 14:41:50 EDT 2007

Fernando Correa Neto wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On 5/28/07, Gary Poster <gary at zope.com> wrote:
>> On May 28, 2007, at 1:00 PM, Fernando Correa Neto wrote:
>>
>>> I remember that reading the zc.relationship book (README.txt :-) ) was
>>> something difficult to get (not impossible).  As Martijn said, it's
>>> low level and for my application at that time, was something that I
>>> couldn't afford.
>> As an aside, I recognize that the zc.relationship index docs are a
>> bit daunting.  To some degree it is because it is a low level tool.
>> OTOH, I'm sure it could be improved, and contributions to improve the
>> docs would be quite welcome. :-)
>>
>> The plone.relations readme (package based on zc.relationship) is at
>> least more fun: http://dev.plone.org/plone/browser/plone.relations/
>> trunk/plone/relations/README.txt
>
> Yes I've read this document some time ago and I think it wasn't
> complete as it is now.
> Seems to be reasonable and in a very good shape in the form of
> plone.relations implementation.
> BUT, when I look at something like this:
> http://source.schooltool.org/trac/browser/trunk/schoolbell/src/schoolbell/relationship/README.txt?rev=4528
> In the  Quick Overview section, I would still consider something easy like that.
> I understand the power of zc.relationship, I am just wondering how
> possible a Quick Overview would be for the improvements in the
> documentation of zc.relationship.

I'm not familiar enough with these myself, but I know Alec put some
adapters into plone.app.relations (note app namespace) which makes it
much easier to work with relations. I reviewed the interfaces when he
first defined them, and they seemed very sane to me.

Martin

--
Acquisition is a jealous mistress