[Grok-dev] grok reference - AutoFields and Fields

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Tue May 29 04:53:55 EDT 2007

Hi,

Question: do we regard grok.AutoFields() and grok.Fields() to be
component-like or rather directive-like?

Most (all) grok component names look like ClassNames, which makes
sense. Most directive names look like function_names, which I guess
makes sense too (at least to me, intuitively).

grok.AutoFields() and grok.Fields() seem to fall somewhere in between.
You could even argue, there're neither components nor directives, but
more like (utility) functions, like grok.url().

Sugggestion: we rename grok.AutoFields and grok.Fields to
grok.auto_fields() and grok.fields(), but for now, in the reference.
I'll regards them to be directives, like grok.action().

kind regards,
jw

--
Jan-Wijbrand Kolman