[Grok-dev] grok reference - yet another test URL

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Wed May 30 16:04:31 EDT 2007

Hi Uli,

<long snip>
>   - Other People did reference work as well:
>
>      As stated in the list, others, namely Jan-Wijbrand, are already
>      working on the reference. I am not sure, whether an automatic
>      processing in that case makes sense or is at least desirable. I
>      would also be willing to do the reference work 'by hand' together
>      with others. Otherwise I would be happy to improve the automatic
>      processing, also together with volunteers if any. I am sure, we
>      anyway will get a good looking reference shortly :-)

Thank you for your update!

Since I never really considered having reference documentation
automagically extracted from the Grok sources,I do not really have an
opinion on it either. The fact that you actually *could* sounds really
interesting though.

Anyway, I got my checkin rights sorted just now. I can check in again. Wheee!

What I will do is to commit the changes I have made so far. I don't
think this commit will stand in the way of discussing and deciding how
we will proceed with the reference documentation.

One more note: one of my wishes for the reference is to add as much
references (no pun intended) to other sources of information as
possible. Like the grok tutorial, but also Philipp's book and other
Zope-3 related documentation. I hope that way we will make clear how
grok concepts relate to Zope-3 concepts, and to make clear the Zope-3
"library" is still fully available for use in your grok based
applications. I guess this idea will require hand-writting reference
material at least to some extent.

kind regards,
jw
--