[Grok-dev] off to Germany

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu May 31 18:31:01 EDT 2007

Hi there,

I'm off to the DZUG conference in Germany tomorrow. The meeting itself
is monday and tuesday. I'll be giving an introductionary talk about Grok
during the conference proper.

Saturday and sunday, as well as wednesday (and for some, monday/tuesday
too), will be sprinting time. It's a Plone sprint but there are quite a
few people interested in sprinting on Grok. I hope to get some
interesting work done, though at least as important is the discussions
with various sprinters - we will get valuable ideas out of these.
Philipp and Christian will be there as well (though Christian will
probably be sprinting on Zope blob support).

The travel plans and the sprint also means that my attention to this
mailing list may be somewhat less than normal. This is so you know
what's going on. :)

Possible sprint topics I have in my mind are:

* REST support. This is self-interested, but I think we would also make
a good move as a framework if we included great REST support. Rails is
ahead of us here, but Zope 3 has a good infrastructural base that should
allow us to catch up pretty quickly.

* Finish integration of Martian. Pretty low level work so I may not get
any interested sprinters. Jim Fulton will also be there, and I have
plans to discuss Martian with Jim if I get the chance.

* Extend Martian so it can use ordering and line-number information.
Ordering we can use for various interesting configuration purposes. Line
number information would be very useful for better error reporting.

* KSS integration into Grok. I know Godefroid Chapelle will be there, so
I at least want to discuss possible designs for KSS integration with him.

It will really depend on what people are interested in, though.

I know Philipp intends to sprint on megrok.five, the Zope 2 integration
of Grok, so this will be a definite sprint topic.