[Grok-dev] Re: Grok-Website: Call for help

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Mon Nov 5 21:28:22 EST 2007

On Nov 5, 2007, at 8:14 AM, Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Hey Kevin,
>
> Would it make sense for you to gain ssh level access to
> grok.zope.org so you can install these buildouts there too?

I've already got ssh/root on grok.zope.org (from when we initially set-
up the server) so I can install the buildouts on there when we are
ready to go with them.

> Concerning being out of the loop with the sprinters: anything anyone
> can do to make the website go live is very much welcomed. Just forge
> ahead and if the sprinters have comments I'm sure we'll hear them. :)

I've been forging on - I've got the gzo.plonepolicy setting the proper
portlets upon site creation now, and pushed the customizations from
main_template.pt elsewhere - although this has caused new CSS issues,
once I beat those down I'll have a new commit ready ...

Access to the content that has been already loaded into the Plone
instance created during the sprint would be good, then I can roll that
into a Plone instance under buildout control. If someone from the
sprint wants to email me a .zexp of the content in that site, or send
me login info so I can create dumps that would be helpful.

Note that there has also been discussion about a more stable release
of Plone Help Center (PHC) for Plone 3 in the next couple of weeks:

http://www.nabble.com/Time-to-move-plone.org-to-Plone-3--tf4722794s6747.html

Has there been any discussion on accounts and handling content within
PHC?

Will we be managing some/all/none of the tutorials by syncing the
content from SVN into PHC?

Do we have an LDAP server we can authenticate against? Is the old
zope.org site using LDAP?

If we have accounts elsewhere, then we can also handle changing
ownership of the sprint created content to it's respective owners
(i.e. all content right now is owned by 'admin').