[Grok-dev] templating branch merged, comments

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 15:33:10 EST 2007

On Nov 7, 2007 8:09 PM, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> While it's good we have deprecation warnings, I don't think Grok should
> be getting deprecation warnings while the tests are running. Is there a
> reason you didn't fix the code that's causing this?

Nope, I must have just missed it. I think I fixed them all in the
branch, but maybe these are new templates, or something fell through
in the merge. I'll clean that up.

> Some comment about the message itself: why is it
> view/@@viewname/macros/macroname in the warnings? I'd expect to see
> context/@@viewname/macros/macroname more typically.

You are of course correct. That's just a missspelling.

> I also think we need actual tests for this. I believe
> dirtemplatesonly.py in grok/tests/view has some code that checks for
> deprecation warnings.

Great. I'll look into that.

> Finally, I'm getting a warning for the test in
> grok.ftests.admin.macros.ExternalView. The code however reads:
>
> metal:use-macro="context/@@grokadminmacros/macros/gaia-page"
>
> I don't understand why this should be causing a deprecation warning at
> all, as macros is used explicitly.

Hmmm.
http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64