[Grok-dev] Re: newbie question: megrok.five status

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Mon Nov 12 14:24:35 EST 2007

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On Nov 12, 2007 6:26 PM, Philipp von Weitershausen
> <philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:
>> I think the Grok mechanism and approach would be great for Zope 2
>> applications. However, I don't think it should and will look exactly
>> like Grok.
>
> Well... why not?

Because Zope 2 doesn't look exactly like Zope 3? :)

The most common use case here is "Grok-with-Plone" or maybe
"Grok-with-CMF". I don't see many compelling reasons to use
"Grok-with-plain-Zope2", since "Grok-with-Zope3" already fulfils pretty
much all of what you could get there anyway.

"Grok-on-CMF/Plone" would look different, methinks, because writing an
add-on product for CMF/Plone is different to writing an application from
scratch.

However, I seriously hope that the patterns will be so close that people
can jump between them with ease - it'll just be a context-switch, not a
tool/understanding change.

Martin