[Grok-dev] grok.zope.org status?

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Wed Nov 14 01:01:31 EST 2007

Yes, by "polishing the content" I just meant review the existing
sprint content for a few "Lorum Ipsums" and other minor text edits and
make sure that all content from the old site has been imported. We can
continue wrassling with new texts post-relaunch :)

I've just been doing some work to get the new buildout running on the
Grok server. I was not aware that plone.grok.quintagroup and
grok.zope.org were the same server ... I'd assumed that a new
virtualhost had been set-up for the sprint for some reason. Probably I
should have mostly been working on getting the sprint Plone instance
in working condition, and then done more of the package clean-up post-
relaunch - but I guess that's what you get when you accept volunteer
work from a Canuck.

Anyways, the Grok virtual server only has 256 MB of RAM ATM, so
running two Zope/Plone instances isn't real hawt for performance, so
I've just turned off the sprint Plone instance, built out a new Plone
instance using the latest versions of the gzo.* packages, and then
exported/imported all of the content (and the acl_users folder so
sprint people's account should still work) into the new instance:

http://plone.grok.quintagroup.com/

Note that I've put all the content into a Folder named
'public_website' and then marked that with INavigationRoot. This means
that we can export all content as a single .zexp, and then import that
into our dev instances if we want to have a set of content the same as
the production site for working with.

The Grok home page is now "baby blue" free. I also did some work on
the news portlet look-and-feel yesterday - it could probably use a
little more tinkering, but this can wait until post-launch I think.
I'm going to start work next on addressing the CSS issues on this page:

http://plone.grok.quintagroup.com/documentation

Finally I stumbled across yet-another-grok-related-wiki here:

http://www.openplans.org/projects/zorg-redux/grok-zope-org

This is probably a good place to aggregate any relevant grok web site
notes spread across all-the-other-wikis since we can then be a little
more in-sync with the other zope.org revitalization efforts.