[Grok-dev] grok.zope.org status?

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Thu Nov 15 03:11:02 EST 2007

Lots of great work has been done :) I understand that Plone is quite a
beast to tame... but you seem to be getting there.

Just some comments (I realize some of this might be under development):
-Would you like me to render a Grok-logo that blends better with the
banner image?
-The fadeout under the banner image is missing (Banner_shadow.jpg)
-The menu* under the search-box is supposed to be and look like tags.
The idea in the original design was that tags are more content
oriented, whereas the front page search blurbs where action oriented.
-General finish in the Grok Navigator

*A note on the menu: Hierarchical navigation matches poorly how most
people navigate a website. We should encourage search driven
navigation for two reasons:

  1 It keeps our focus on making the content searchable
  2 We can keep track on what people are actually looking for and thus
we get invaluable feedback on what content to develop
    Stop clicking, start finding...

So I would prefer removing the hierarchicle menu and insert the tags
instead.

http://plone.grok.quintagroup.com/documentation
-Lots of stuff here :) but I find the page confusing

I would rather have something like:

   Tutorials
   -xyz...
   -xyz...
   -xyz...
    show all tutorials...

   Howtos
   -...

Where the n most useful (to a newcomer) tutorials are listed in "order
of consumption/difficulty". The look and feel of this being the
regular text look and feel. Right now it doesn't feel integrated.

http://plone.grok.quintagroup.com/documentation/tutorial/macros-with-grok/defining-a-simple-macro
-I find the box with the text "Macros are a way to define a chunk of
presentation..." to be unnecessary. It just adds to the clutter
-The previous link (at the bottom of the page) should be on the left
side of the next link... :)

Mvh Sebastian