[Grok-dev] grok.zope.org status?

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Thu Nov 15 04:52:46 EST 2007

On Nov 15, 2007, at 12:11 AM, Sebastian Ware wrote:

> Lots of great work has been done :) I understand that Plone is quite
> a beast to tame... but you seem to be getting there.
>
> Just some comments (I realize some of this might be under
> development):
> -Would you like me to render a Grok-logo that blends better with the
> banner image?

Yeah, I was thinking that the logo clashed with the banner. If you can
make a better banner that would be great.

> -The fadeout under the banner image is missing (Banner_shadow.jpg)

I've put that on my ToDo list.

> -The menu* under the search-box is supposed to be and look like
> tags. The idea in the original design was that tags are more content
> oriented, whereas the front page search blurbs where action oriented.

Ahh, that's why there is a unused tags portlet in the skin. There was
also comments on the sprint wiki about having seperate views for
authoring vs. normal site view. I've put this on a post re-launch ToDo
- the sprint tag portlet only has hard-coded tags ATM.

> http://plone.grok.quintagroup.com/documentation
> -Lots of stuff here :) but I find the page confusing

Yes, the Plone documentation team has had a lot of discussions over
making the user experience better for documentation. The current
plone.org PHC install has been upgraded in response to those
discussions - I haven't looked into PHC activity in a while, but I've
only done "good enough for now" CSS work on the existing PHC page
since it will be something well want to evolve. This is what the newer
iteration looks like:

http://plone.org/documentation

> http://plone.grok.quintagroup.com/documentation/tutorial/macros-with-grok/defining-a-simple-macro
> -I find the box with the text "Macros are a way to define a chunk of
> presentation..." to be unnecessary. It just adds to the clutter

Yeah, maybe these can go?

> -The previous link (at the bottom of the page) should be on the left
> side of the next link... :)

Added to the ToDo list.

I've updated the ToDo list here:

http://www.openplans.org/projects/zorg-redux/grok-zope-org

I'm going to stop fussing with the CSS in a few days and then focus on
just fixing "the big stuff" that is keeping us from re-launching.
Perhaps we can continue running a development buildout under the http://plone.grok.quintagroup.com
  URL where we can preview and haggle over future iterations before
they hit the live site?