[Grok-dev] zope has auto-escaping by default of variables to protect against XSS attacks

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Thu Nov 15 06:41:03 EST 2007

15 nov 2007 kl. 12.02 skrev Lennart Regebro:

> On Nov 15, 2007 10:58 AM, Lennart Regebro <regebro at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Nov 15, 2007 9:16 AM, Sebastian Ware <sebastian at urbantalk.se>
>> wrote:
>>> Well, why don't we start something like "feature of the week" where
>>> someone writes about a feature of Grok and it is posted on a (the
>>> new
>>> grok website?) blog and sent to a list of news websites. This stuff
>>> really doesn't have to be that long. It just needs to be
>>> interesting/
>>> fun reading. We could call it "ME GROK LIKE feature of the week",
>>> and
>>> that could be our PR-tool.
>>
>> Good idea!
>
> Although, come to think if it, I'd rather have a "Planet Grok"
> aggregator. But we can make a list of features and assign who writes
> about which one and when.

That is a reasonable alternative. Why have yet-another-blog... :) We
could call the posts

   "ME GROK LIKE feature of the week"

Someone writtes the blog entry and it is aggregated through the feed.
Others cross post it in various forums. Now and then someone will
write a brilliant piece that really catches attention, but the
consistent posting once a week will build presence in peoples minds.

> Start of the list:
>
> - Unicode
> - Roles and permissions
> - ZODB
> - Template plugging
> - Skins and layers
> - buildout

-RPC
-AJAX (w/wo KSS)
-Code reuse through components

But also obvious stuff that people outside the python/zope sphere
don't know is available such as:
-RDB support
-ORM support
-Python library features accessible from Grok (that's a gold mine...)
-Compiling the source code

mvh Sebastian