[Grok-dev] Re: [Zope-dev] Re: AW: Re: Grok 0.11 released!

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Sat Nov 10 06:52:41 EST 2007

On Friday 09 November 2007, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Roger Ineichen wrote:
> > Hi Tres
> >
> >> Whoever released those two eggs (the '.dev-r#####' ones) need
> >> to release "real" updated packages, and then grok 0.11.1
> >> should be released using them.
> >>
> >> DEATH TO FAUX PACKAGES!
> >
> > As far as I understand, this does not happen if you
> > depend on a KGS, right?
> >
> > Does the grok release not use the KGS from Stephan?
>
> Not yet. We intend to look at that list at some point. Of course the KGS
> probably doesn't contain recent enough packages to support the REST
> changes.

Are you sure? What package versions do you need. I am pretty sure that the 3.4
KGS has the latest stuff, except for the zope.app.publisher 3.5.xa* series,
which caused a lot of havoc.

> The other problem with KGS is that I absolutely want to fix lists of
> packages into Grok itself and never rely on any system that can cause
> the list of packages that could be updated. KGS will get bugfix
> releases. These will inevitably break something on occassion. I have no
> idea what will happen once 3.5 packages will start to appear, either.

While I personally do not think that this is a good idea, I am open to the
suggestion to fix the KGS versions for a particular Zope 3.4 release. For
example, instead of having just a versions.cfg, we can expand the scripts to
also produce release versions, such as "versions-3.4.0b2.cfg", which would
never change.

Regards,
Stephan
--