[Grok-dev] Re: Admin UI name change suggestion

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Oct 4 12:26:52 EDT 2007

Hey,

[snip]
> I agree with these observations, *however*, there needs to be a way to
> make "taking over the zope root" optionally in a very easy way: I
> forsee people do want to have multiple applications running in a Zope
> instance - I know I will need this option.
>
> Maybe we can introduce a grok.ApplicationRoot that will "take over"
> the zope root, where grok.Application retains the current behaviour?

I still like Shane's plan as he spelled it out, earlier.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.grok.devel/2337

What do people think about this?

I think we need to retain the ability to install multiple applications
into a single site, and the ability to go "underwater" to remove buggy
applications sound useful as well. We just need an easy way to make one
of these the default.