[Grok-dev] Re: Admin UI name change suggestion

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Fri Oct 5 05:18:51 EDT 2007

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> I want to tell them: here is the whole thing. Update buildout.cfg for
> your specific environment (IP address, port, etc.) and start the
> instance.

THat's exactly what people that I've talked to seem to expect.

> Pylons makes this even easier by using a configuration file in which
> you can also configure the application (useful for things like database
> connection info). That would be a very welcome next step for grok as
> well.

With Pylons that's actually a WSGI application you configure which is
not really what our grok.Application is. THat said, Grok is going to
have WSGI+Paste very soon, much like we have it already for Zope 3 with
zopeproject. Your deploy.ini would then look like::

   [app:main]
   use = egg:TodoList

   [server:main]

(assuming that you're writing your software in the "TodoList"
project/egg). I imagine that this WSGI application factory could also
install the grok.Application subclass right as the root folder. THat way
it'd be much more like Pylons and other frameworks.