[Grok-dev] Re: an application installation script?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Oct 5 06:11:39 EDT 2007

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
[snip]
> I would prefer if
>
> * the grok.Application subclass were the root object by default, without
> having to do an extra step (when I start out, there's usually just one
> application anyay). Flexibility is nice, but Grok is all about making
> sensible choices for you, at least in the beginning.

How do you know which application to pick?

> * the choices of which root object was installed was somehow tied to the
> application startup process, "applictaion" referring to the WSGI
> application. I think it should be a choice of the WSGI app factory. This
> is much like other web frameworks deal with choosing "the application" too.

It should be done somewhere between the end of the buildout and the
first application startup to make this work.

Anyway, I'm fine with improvements to make some of this stuff possible,
but not at the cost of throwing away the features we have now in the
admin UI.