[Grok-dev] Re: we need a small tutorial on Subversion-controlling Grok apps

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Sat Oct 6 05:43:30 EDT 2007

Brandon Craig Rhodes wrote:
> I can never quite remember exactly what files I need to
> Subversion-control to get my Grok app back later.  There should be a
> small mini-Howto listing the files that I need to remember to check
> in.

Good idea!

> Can everything in <app>.egg-info be omitted, for example, since
> the buildout generates it all from buildout.cfg and setup.py?

Yes, this can all be omitted safely.

> I apologize if this has already been recently discussed on the list.
> I'll stop asking once it's on the web site. :-)

Exactly the attitude we need, actually. Please don't stop asking - the
end result of asking a question should frequently not just be an answer
but also to see this answer published for other people (and yourself
once you've forgotten) on the website.

> (When does the shiny
> new site appear, by the way?)

The shiny new site needs some more work but lots of work was done in the
sprint. Hopefully we'll see our new site within a week or two.