[Grok-dev] Re: Admin UI name change suggestion

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 16:27:10 EDT 2007

On 10/8/07, Philipp von Weitershausen <philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:
> Philipp: Yes, it finds it. But you need to create a persistent instance
>           of it, so that your views are found. You see, Zope has this
>           model where it traverses objects to get your views, etc. etc.
>
> ... and I was right in that place where I was explaining object publishing.

I see. But maybe that can be avoided. Instead of explaining why it
needs an instance, perhaps explaining why you might want more that one
instance could work?

"You need to create an instance of the application with an ID. This
way you can have several instances on the same server. It's handy for
debugging and development, and to have for example several wikis on
one web server. Grok could create on for you as the base application,
but then you could only have one instance."

//Not an educational guru.

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64