[Grok-dev] Re: Template pluggability and megrok.genshi finished.

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Oct 10 07:26:01 EDT 2007

Tres Seaver wrote:
[snip]
> Amen.  Note that I think Grok's "scaling up" story (for team size) may
> need attention in other places, too. E.g., Grok doesn't encourage TDD at
> the moment, which I consider crucial for multi-person development.

You're probably right. I think in part we're a reaction to Zope 3 here,
which seems to make solo developer stories harder than it needs to be.
We shouldn't lose track about scaling up to larger amounts of
developers, however.

I've changed my mind on generating test skeleton code with grokproject,
as we're not making progress on making testing easier very quickly. So
my +1 for Luciano adding such code to grokproject.

> The whole "take over the root" discussion seems to be likewise driven by
> "solo developer" notions, as well.

Could you elaborate?