[Grok-dev] grok_component gone after actions refactoring?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Oct 10 08:06:02 EDT 2007

Hi there,

I saw Philipp making a lot of progress on configuration actions. That's
good, but in the process he removed grok_component saying it doesn't
make much sense anymore. Whoah! This was a very important reason for me
to do the Martian refactoring in the first place!

Since grok_component is very useful and used by myself in various places
(so that this change will break my code), I wonder what can be used
instead. I want the ability to grok individual components in doctests,
without having to set up a fixture in a separate module and then grok this.

If this is replaced by some other set of calls, please *rewrite* the
existing test for grok_component to do the new thing. Don't just get rid
of it.