[Grok-dev] IErrorReportingUtility component lookup error

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Fri Oct 12 10:38:17 EDT 2007

Hi Luciano,

hope, you have a good time in Napoli :-)

Luciano Ramalho wrote:
> Using a clean Grok app build with the latest grokproject I am getting
> this ComponentLookupError for the IErrorReportingUtility when visiting
> the admin ui. If you look at the log below you will see two errors
> reported. The first one appeared on the first request to the instance
> root, even before I logged in. The second one appeared when the admin
> UI was displayed after I logged in. The error does not happen when I
> visit the index page of an app inside the instance.

I can reproduce the error when using any sort of grok.Traverser (so does
the admin-UI).

Something I do not understand: in module `zopepublication.py` (part of
`zope.app.publication`, release 3.4.2) there is a statement::

	from zope.error.interfaces import IErrorReportingUtility

i.e.: the Utility from `zope.error` is imported. The egg as a whole,
however, requires `zope.app.error` (according to `requires.txt`).

To summarize: `zope.app.publication` (3.4.2) requires `zope.app.error`
but uses `zope.error` (without `app`). Is this a usual behaviour?
Furthermore you can only register exactly one of zope.error _or_
zope.app.error with ZCML.

I could fix the problem here temporarily by using

[versions]
zope.app.publication = 3.4.0a1

in buildout.cfg for my silly local grok projects. Haven't examined any
further dependcy trouble resulting from that setting yet.

Kind regards,

--
Uli