[Grok-dev] Using the grok/trunk in my project

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Thu Oct 18 09:30:56 EDT 2007

Hi Christian,

Christian Klinger wrote:

> How is it possible to use the grok trunk in my project.
> I ´ve created my project with the newest grokproject 0.6.

What exactly do you mean by 'use the grok trunk in my project'? Could
you elaborate a bit on your use case?

> I think there is something todo in the buildout.cfg, but
> i have no idea where and how i could include the grok trunk.

It's a Python package or egg like any other package and should be
available in your buildout-eggs directory or similar.

If you want to have 'your own' grok with your project (i.e.: use a local
copy of grok instead of the released package fetched by buildout), you
can put the sources in a separate directory `grok` in your project root
and declare this directory as a `develop` package in the [buildout]
section of your buildout config (see the second line)::

   [buildout]
   develop = . grok
   parts = myproject data zopectl test
   find-links = http://download.zope.org/distribution/
   newest = false
   versions = versions

But I must confess, that I did not entirely understand your problem yet.
You might don't have to build a 'private' grok.

Kind regards,

--
Uli