[Grok-dev] Application Distribution HOWTO

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 06:52:51 EDT 2007

On 10/23/07, Torvald Bringsvor <bringsvor at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Seems like the consensus is: use grokproject to make a new instance for your production server, copy everything over. I was kind of wondering if there was something more polished than that. Is there a grok roadmap somewhere?

Well, copy, no. You check the relevant things into a version control
system like svn, and check it out at the server. Maybe that's what you
meant.

Polishing on this level typically means that you tag your releases and
use the tags in production. You can also check out the tag, make it a
tgz of it, and copy that to production. That is perhaps the most
"polished", but if you hav control over the production server just
using a checkout directly is simpler.

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64