[Grok-dev] Re: first thoughts on "regebro-guido-templates"

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 06:50:57 EDT 2007

On 10/30/07, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> I just thought of a potential drawback. In the current design,
> overriding namespace() on the template level has no particular
> requirements. You just need to return a dictionary. Your change if I
> understand it correctly, would add calling the view's namespace() for
> all template developers. So you might save a few lines now, but you're
> adding lines, and required knowledge and calls, for all template
> language developers.
>
> If my analysis is correct, I'm -1 to this change.

Not really, since I just move that requirement from the render method
to the namespace method. And the render method will most likely always
need to be overridden in the template class, while the namespace
method only needs to be overriden if you want another default
namespace than view/context/request/static.

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64