[Grok-dev] Re: Redux: Grok actions and grok.grok() cleanup

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Tue Oct 30 12:19:05 EDT 2007

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> I will try to test an application on tuesday. I'd be nice if someone
> else could do a test with this branch as well just so we have a bit more
> feedback.

Note that you'll have to use both
grok/branches/gotcha-configuration-actions and
martian/branches/philikon-moduleinfo-kwarg.

I just tested the kirbi trunk from svn.zope.org it ran without any
problems (as long as I added the grok and martian develop eggs from
above and used the grok-0.10.2.cfg versions). Also all its tests passed
without any problems. I didn't have to change one line in its source code.

> A merge on wednesday is okay with me. Before this merge, could you tag
> the current trunk? I need a working version of the trunk by friday for a
> release here, and I'm not sure whether I will have enough time on
> thursday to debug the actions version, should there be any problems.

Will do.

I'll also have to do a new release of martian (based on
martian/branches/philikon-moduleinfo-kwarg), so could you please give me
PyPI rights for martian?

> We should start looking at a 0.11 release soon. If it needs a bit more
> shakedown, we may want to do a 0.11 beta (but not pin grokproject to it
> yet).

I agree that we should release 0.11 soon. I don't think the beta would
get more shakeout than the trunk, so I vote for a public 0.11. If there
are problems, we can always quickly do a 0.11.1.