[Grok-dev] The Mammoth-Herd Example

Claudia Liersch cl at adiwidjaja.com
Thu Sep 6 04:01:58 EDT 2007

HI! Thanks for your answer.
 > You need a page template with the same name as the class. You can find
 > the page template bellow the code on the same page:
My Classes are named (original from the example)

class Herd(grok.Application, grok.Container):
class HerdIndex(grok.View):

 > "The HTML of the default view for herds is rendered by the
 > herdindex.pt template. By putting it in the herd_templates directory,
 > it will be picked up automatically and associated with the view class
 > in herd.py according to the name of the template file and the name of
 > the view class:"
Thats exactly how I understood it.
 > herd.py
 > herd_templates/
 > herd_templates/herdindex.pt
These are exacly my files and folders.

Thats why I cant understand the Error

GrokError: Found the following unassociated template(s) when grokking
'herd': herdindex.  Define view classes inheri

ting from grok.View to enable the template(s).

But it doesnt run???
I put a ZIP-File with my project on http://atw.dyndns.org/dev/herd/

Maybe somebody can find out my fault.