[Grok-dev] Re: i18nextract

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Mon Sep 10 23:58:01 EDT 2007

Hi there,

On Mon, 10.09.2007, 22:48 +0200, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Christian Theune wrote:
> > Am Montag, den 03.09.2007, 20:03 +0200 schrieb Philipp von
> > Weitershausen:
> >> Currently there's no way other than taking the i18nextract script from
> >> another Zope 3.3 instance.
> >>

> >> The i18nextract script actually just calls a stuff in
> >> zope.app.locales.extract. This could be wrapped in a fucntion and
> >> exposed by an entry point in zope.app.locales.
> >
> > There's a recipe by lovely around to integrate it with buildouts.
>
> Does someone want to volunteer and dig up this recipe? It might be nice
> to do this by default for grokproject.

The lovely-recipe is really easy going (well, lovely ;-). I modified
grokproject, so that buildout of a new generated project now
automatically creates i18nextract and friends in the bin-directory.

The i18n-tools are customizable using buildout.cfg. See the [i18n]
section in buildout.cfg. It is quite self-explanatory.

I also put zope.i18nmessageid into the dependency list of the created
projects, which is a pure convenience feature, that might be handy if
using i18n with a grokproject.

I would be glad, if someone could check this out.

Kind regards,

--
Uli