[Grok-dev] Grok API

Luciano Ramalho luciano at ramalho.org
Sun Sep 16 18:48:52 EDT 2007

On 9/16/07, Santiago Videla <santiago.videla at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying grok these days.
>
> I'm wondering if there is an API somewhere, I couldn't find it yet

Welcome, Santiago!

If you have Grok version 0.10 (the latest), start you app and take a
look at this URL in your machine:

http://localhost:8080/docgrok/

Also, I recommend that you browse everything with a .txt extension in
the grok source tree. Most of them are doctest files trying out the
Grok API in different ways.

Soon you'll want to use the wider Zope 3 API also. The advice about
looking into the .txt files also applies (even more in the case of
Zope 3, actually). And if you run a Zope 3 server in dev mode you can
read it's API docs locally at:

http://localhost:8099/++apidoc++

(the default port is 8080, but I got in the habit of running a Zope 3
server just to read the docs, so I bind it to a different port).

Some of us in the Grok community think the entire Grok and Zope 3 API
docs should be online, where Google would find it and where we could
contribute with comments and code snippets. This is one of the aims of
the upcoming Neandertal Grok sprint.

Cheers,

Luciano