[Grok-dev] the grok website: Plone?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Sep 18 15:13:51 EDT 2007

Hi there,

It's clear from the earlier website thread that Plone seems to have some
volunteers from within our own community. This, and the fact that Plone
is a mature system, weighs strongly in favor of Plone in my mind.

[I do by the way hope to hear from Darryl. He's been rather quiet the
last few weeks and didn't weigh in on the thread: I hope he's okay and
just on vacation or something]

Plone volunteers, please organize yourself and distribute tasks among
yourselves. Let us know the plan. Let's use Sebastian's layout for the
website! With some luck we could be up and running with a Plone based
solution by Grok's anniversary next month. :)

That said, I'd like to keep the following options open explicitly:

* Eventually we should switch to a Grok-based solution as we should
indeed showcase our own dogfood. :) I believe Zope 3, and Grok, are
great systems to build CMSes in. I therefore have every hope that we'll
see one or more excellent, mature Grok-based CMSes in the future.
Sebastian's and Darryl's efforts are great starts already. Let's wait
and see.

* We should also explicitly allow areas of our website to be made with
other tools that are indeed in Grok already. A reference site with
inline commenting features for instance might be a great Grok application.