[Grok-dev] Re: Todays [version] block?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Sep 26 09:32:47 EDT 2007

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Does anyone have the [versions] block for buildout that will get grok
> 0.10 running today? On a fresh instance I get this at the moment:

Note that I just wrote a blog entry about this problem and possible
solutions:

http://faassen.n--tree.net/blog/edit/weblog/2007/09/26/0

I know you said on irc yesterday that we should study existing package
management systems (like debian) more, and possibly port code from this.
I agree that we're reinventing the wheel in various places, so  I'm
curious to hear more about this. Could you go into a bit more detail on
how you envision the reuse of (concepts of) existing package management
systems?