[Grok-dev] Re: Todays [version] block?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Sep 26 09:34:28 EDT 2007

Baiju M wrote:
> Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>> Previously Baiju M wrote:
[snip]
>> Thanks, that indeed fixes things for me.
>>
>> I wonder if there is a method to make buildout dump a list of currently
>> used versions that you can stick in buildout.cfg..
>>
> Very easy :
>
> ./bin/buildout -vvvvv|grep Picked|cut -d : -f 2
>
> Unix design & philosophy is great :) and thanks to Benji for clue.

Beautiful in a horrible way. :)

This is a nice hack, but not a long-term solution for our problems. We
don't want Grok users to have to maintain their own versions section in
the first place. It might make do to help us generate a centrally
maintained versions list, though I'd like something cleaner...