[Grok-dev] Re: Grok or raw Zope?

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Sep 27 05:54:56 EDT 2007

Matias Surdi wrote:
> So, I've no experience with Zope nor Grok.
> I would like to receive some advice about choosing Grok or Zope. I think
> Grok is more easy to start with, but... ¿will it in the future put any
> limit on a very big intranet application for an entire company?

Grok is certainly easier to start with -- it was the whole idea of Grok
:). And yes, I think you should start with it. Grok just exposes stuff
that's in Zope 3. There are no limitations to which Zope 3 software you
can use. The worst case is that you'll have to use ZCML for some of the
things that Grok itself doesn't have support for -- yet.