[Grok-dev] Re: Recipe for "egg-like" reuse?

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Wed Apr 9 10:09:46 EDT 2008

Hi there,

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> > I have come to the point where I can create an instance of my MasterApp
> > in the grok admin interface. However, the application won't find the
> > views I have in my AddApp, eventhough the application class of MasterApp
> > has inherited from a class of AddApp for which these views should be
> > registered (through grok.context).
>
> I don't see evidence of this in your example: the Edit view is attached
> to the ProtonCMS model, which doesn't inherit from Navicast at all.

Yes, but that's okay, isn't it? I mean the requirement should be that
Navicast inherits from ProtonCMS (not the other way round), which is the
case here. Such Navicast should implement the interfaces of ProtonCMS
and therefore have the views attached also ProtonCMS provides. Did I
miss something here? Maybe my terms were confusing as 'MasterApp' in
this case is the extending app and 'AddApp' the base which is extended.

Kind regards,

--
Uli