[Grok-dev] Grok 0.12 release planned for tomorrow (tuesday april 22)

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Tue Apr 22 16:16:53 EDT 2008

Previously Ethan Jucovy wrote:
> Peter,
>
> This is a bug in a bugfix release of z3c.autoinclude that I stupidly
> released on the same day as the new grok release.  See
> http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/grok-dev/2008-April/004561.html -- I'm on it
> and will hopefully have it fixed shortly.

Even so I thought grok was using a carefully selected set of pinned
revisions for its releases. Did someone pin a broken release without
testing?

FWIW: for Plone releases I always make a full release, install that in a
sandbox, run all tests in it, setup a new site and test its web
interface, do an upgrade test, etc. It's tedious but can catch real
errors. I would suggest using a similar process for grok releases.

Wichert.